Strawberries & Cream
From EatingWell: March 1998
You can serve the strawberries and cream over waffles or pancakes—or simply top the strawberries with the cream for a delightful summer dessert.
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Set a sieve over a bowl and line with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon in yogurt. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand at room temperature until juicy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the drained yogurt. Serve, passing the strawberries and cream separately.
Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 25 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March 1998