Strawberries & Cream
From EatingWell: March 1998
You can serve the strawberries and cream over waffles or pancakes—or simply top the strawberries with the cream for a delightful summer dessert.
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Set a sieve over a bowl and line with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon in yogurt. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand at room temperature until juicy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the drained yogurt. Serve, passing the strawberries and cream separately.
Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 25 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March 1998