Strawberries & Cream
From EatingWell: March 1998
You can serve the strawberries and cream over waffles or pancakes—or simply top the strawberries with the cream for a delightful summer dessert.
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Set a sieve over a bowl and line with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon in yogurt. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand at room temperature until juicy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the drained yogurt. Serve, passing the strawberries and cream separately.
Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 25 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- March 1998