Strawberries & Cream
From EatingWell: March 1998
You can serve the strawberries and cream over waffles or pancakes—or simply top the strawberries with the cream for a delightful summer dessert.
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Set a sieve over a bowl and line with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon in yogurt. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand at room temperature until juicy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the drained yogurt. Serve, passing the strawberries and cream separately.
Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 25 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March 1998