Strawberries & Cream
From EatingWell: March 1998
You can serve the strawberries and cream over waffles or pancakes—or simply top the strawberries with the cream for a delightful summer dessert.
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Set a sieve over a bowl and line with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon in yogurt. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand at room temperature until juicy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the drained yogurt. Serve, passing the strawberries and cream separately.
Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 25 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- March 1998