Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Skip greasy takeout and try this easy stir-fried green beans recipe. If you don’t have a wok, you can make these stir-fried green beans just as well in a skillet.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per serving: 97 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 285 mg sodium; 208 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012