Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Skip greasy takeout and try this easy stir-fried green beans recipe. If you don’t have a wok, you can make these stir-fried green beans just as well in a skillet.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per serving: 97 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 285 mg sodium; 208 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012