Stir-Fried Curried Pasta with Spinach & Scallops
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
This dish is light and colorful with just a bit of heat from the curry.
- 1 pound medium whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (12 cups), washed and shredded
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add scallions, ginger, curry powder and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add scallops and stir-fry until the flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the reserved shells and toss until evenly distributed. Add the reserved yogurt mixture and toss again. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 414 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 9 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (83% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (26% dv), Selenium (25% dv), Iron (22% dv), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1992