Stir-Fried Curried Pasta with Spinach & Scallops
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
This dish is light and colorful with just a bit of heat from the curry.
- 1 pound medium whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (12 cups), washed and shredded
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add scallions, ginger, curry powder and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add scallops and stir-fry until the flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the reserved shells and toss until evenly distributed. Add the reserved yogurt mixture and toss again. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 414 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 9 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (83% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (26% dv), Selenium (25% dv), Iron (22% dv), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...
These recipes for instant appetizers use 5 ingredients or...
Many holiday celebrations include festive drinks, and we’ve...
These festive holiday appetizers are tried-and-true cocktail...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1992