Stir-Fried Curried Pasta with Spinach & Scallops
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
This dish is light and colorful with just a bit of heat from the curry.
- 1 pound medium whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (12 cups), washed and shredded
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add scallions, ginger, curry powder and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add scallops and stir-fry until the flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the reserved shells and toss until evenly distributed. Add the reserved yogurt mixture and toss again. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 414 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 9 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (83% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (26% dv), Selenium (25% dv), Iron (22% dv), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 1992
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)