Stir-Fried Curried Pasta with Spinach & Scallops
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
This dish is light and colorful with just a bit of heat from the curry.
- 1 pound medium whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (12 cups), washed and shredded
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add scallions, ginger, curry powder and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add scallops and stir-fry until the flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the reserved shells and toss until evenly distributed. Add the reserved yogurt mixture and toss again. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 414 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 9 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (83% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (26% dv), Selenium (25% dv), Iron (22% dv), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1992