Stir-Fried Curried Pasta with Spinach & Scallops
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
This dish is light and colorful with just a bit of heat from the curry.
- 1 pound medium whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (12 cups), washed and shredded
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (2 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add scallions, ginger, curry powder and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add scallops and stir-fry until the flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the reserved shells and toss until evenly distributed. Add the reserved yogurt mixture and toss again. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 414 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 9 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (83% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (26% dv), Selenium (25% dv), Iron (22% dv), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 1992