Stir-Fried Chile-Garlic Duck
Once you turn on the stove, this dish is finished in minutes, so have your ingredients prepped and ready to go. Serve with steamed rice or rice noodles and an iced green tea.
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce, (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless duck breast, (see Note) or chicken breast, skin removed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bok choy
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms, (1 ounce)
- Whisk chile-garlic sauce, water, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Cook the duck, in a single layer, stirring once, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and bok choy; cook, stirring, until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the chile-garlic sauce mixture; cook, stirring often, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Return the duck and any accumulated juices to the pan; stir to coat with the sauce. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Tips & Notes
- Notes: Chile-garlic sauce, a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar, is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian dishes. It can be found in the Asian section of large markets (sometimes labeled as chili-garlic sauce or paste) and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
- Boneless duck breast halves range widely in weight, from about 1/2 to 1 pound, depending on the breed of duck. They can be found in most supermarkets in the poultry or specialty-meat sections or online at mapleleaffarms.com or dartagnan.com.
Per serving: 247 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 87 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 3 g fiber; 550 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (80% dv), Iron (35% dv), Potassium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 12
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Poultry, other
- Preparation/ Technique