Another great thing to do is I cook a chorizo sausage in a pan on the side. Then slice it up and add it to the mussels for about the last 1.5 minutes or so. Adds a nice bit of spicy awesome-ness to the whole thing.
Steamed Mussels in Tomato Broth
With fresh mussels increasingly available at supermarket fish counters, you can easily make this bistro favorite at home.
8 Reviews for Steamed Mussels in Tomato Broth
I am planning on making this recipe tonight... any suggestions for some easy side dishes?
You have to be sure that there is no sand left in the mussels so I steam them first ,after I clean them,
in a pot with little water and white wine. Then I STRAIN THEM AND KEEP THE LIQUID.
Then it is the same procedure : pan ,olive oil, minced onion, garlic, sliced fresh tomatos and the liquid
which must be strained through a cheese cloth or kitchen towel , two or three times to be sure.
Then I toss the mussels.
GREEK ISLANDS TIP !!! ENJOY!!!!!
delicious, easy to prepare and very very cheap...
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)