Quite good. Don't shred Napa cabbage in your food processor with the shredding disk-it vaporizes it. I will use a box grater or knife next time. Really easy and nice flavor. Not as good without the peanuts. It might benefit from some serrano chiles or hot pepper flakes too.
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
“Bun” is a Vietnamese noodle dish typically made with cold rice noodles, lots of crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced beef or pork all tossed in a sweet and tangy sauce. It’s perfect for a hot summer night. Serve with sliced mango and iced mint green tea.
7 Reviews for Steak Bun
Good recipe, but in the future I will use more basil and less mint (or maybe no mint at all). I made it with more mint than basil, and the mint somewhat overpowered the more delicate flavor elements.
Delicious & easy to make! Wish my kids liked it more, though :)
Definitely a recipe I will make on a regular basis, rotating ingredients with what is on hand. The only change from the recipe is that I would add some heat, with red pepper in the dressing or tossing in a fresh hot pepper. It's good chopping practice too.
I've eaten this dish many times in Vietnamese restaurants and always wondered how to make the sauce. It's great with napa because it doesn't get soggy as fast as lettuce. The only problem is that I want to keep eating it even after I'm not hungry any more.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)