This salad went over really well at a dinner party! It was easy to put together, the flavors blend together deliciously, and it's something completely different and unexpected. I used a store-bought pomegranate & blood orange vinaigrette because I was pressed for time. Also added some reduced-fat feta cheese - it was just wonderful!
Winter Salad with Roasted Squash & Pomegranate Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
In a combination of gorgeous colors, textures and tastes, this salad stars radicchio, frisee, pomegranate seeds and walnuts. It’s an elegant addition to your holiday menus. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola or another creamy blue cheese for an added burst of flavor and richness.
4 Reviews for Winter Salad with Roasted Squash & Pomegranate Vinaigrette
I brought this to our family's Thanksgiving dinner and received rave reviews. Very interesting mix of textures/flavors. Yum!
I was pressed for time, so omitted the squash and added thinly sliced apples. Very delicious!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)