I love squash & leek. And I love lasagna! This seems like an interesting spin and I can't wait to try it.
Squash & Leek Lasagna
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Grated butternut squash, pine nuts and sautéed leeks in a creamy white sauce are layered with sheets of whole-wheat pasta for this wintery variation on a vegetable lasagna. Any Parmesan cheese can be used in this casserole, but we recommend Parmigiano-Reggiano for its superior flavor.
23 Reviews for Squash & Leek Lasagna
This recipe is really labor intensive, so I took the short cut of using the food processor for the squash. Even so, the results didn't warrant the effort. The dish was edible but really, really bland. I went out and bought a pound of unsalted butter just to saute the leeks, but probably should have used some of the salted stuff in my freezer. I probably could have doubled all the spice additions, doubled the toasted pine nuts, doubled the cheese (maybe added a layer of mozzarella) and had a better result. I've got it "resting" in the fridge for a couple of days, after which I'll try doctoring the top layer and re-baking. Unless the resting period works miracles, I'll never use this recipe again. I'd certainly never serve it to friends.
Pretty easy but bland and unexciting. Needs some more herbs or something.
The results of this dish were extremely disappointing. The ingredients were overstated, one each of a 2 pound butternut squash and three each of the large leeks would have been more than sufficient. This amount of time required to create this rather bland and tasteless dish were not justified.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)