Very tasty! Loved finding a new way to use butternut squash besides roasting or using in soups. Thanks!
Squash & Leek Lasagna
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Grated butternut squash, pine nuts and sautéed leeks in a creamy white sauce are layered with sheets of whole-wheat pasta for this wintery variation on a vegetable lasagna. Any Parmesan cheese can be used in this casserole, but we recommend Parmigiano-Reggiano for its superior flavor.
23 Reviews for Squash & Leek Lasagna
This is pretty yummy! Grating the squash was time consuming, but that is okay. Unlike other reviewers, I thought the spices flavor the dish well. I can really taste the nutmeg and thyme in each bite. I did add more cheese and pine nuts than the recipe called for. I will make again when I feel like grating all of that squash.
We absolutely LOVED this recipe, as did everyone I've served it to. It is well worth the time needed to make it. It's just unfortunate that it takes so long to peel the squash. But yea for fall and winter squashes! Enjoy.
Oh, my gosh, this is so good. It's a little time intensive, but not difficult. I used the food processor to grate the squash. The flavor is lovely with the thyme, leeks and nutmeg. Yum.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)