I am notorious for never following a recipe exactly, so I did make some tweaks: used a mixture of spinach, kale and collard greens; added crushed red pepper with the spices; used smoked paprika instead of hot paprika, and added two dashes of vinegar right before it was finished to give it a bit more piquancy. It was very good, and extremely easy and quick to make, even with my adjustments. If you accidentally make it too spicy for your partner, as I did, you can just put a dollop of greek yogurt on top to cool it down. Nice, solid recipe.
Spinach with Chickpeas
From EatingWell: March/April 2007
Enjoy this vegetable-rich nibble as they do in Spain, spooned onto small rounds of fresh or lightly toasted bread.
9 Reviews for Spinach with Chickpeas
The first forkful was a happy surprise : Yum! I used currants since I was out of golden raisins. This recipe makes a ton and the good news is that we ate it for breakfast this morning served with a poached egg on top. Still delicious.
Just made this fantastic flavour ....Not sure where in Spain is served as I live here and never seen it but thanks :-)
I just prepared this dish and it's very yummy, definitely I will be making it again...everyone liked it
Worked out well. I followed the recipe as provided. Easy and nutritious!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)