Spinach Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette
Good imported olives in a sophisticated dressing make eating your spinach a special pleasure.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk oil, vinegar (or lemon juice) and olives in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, cucumbers and onions; toss well. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 128 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 9 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 284 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Folate (22% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique