Spinach Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette
Good imported olives in a sophisticated dressing make eating your spinach a special pleasure.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk oil, vinegar (or lemon juice) and olives in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, cucumbers and onions; toss well. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 128 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 9 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 284 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Folate (22% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique