From EatingWell: October 1997
This versatile pesto can be tossed with pasta for a quick supper or spread on crostini for a sophisticated appetizer.
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, (see Tip)
- 2 slices crustless white bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, (from 8 ounces frozen)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place walnuts, bread and garlic in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Blend in spinach, yogurt, Parmesan and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast walnuts: Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
Per tablespoon: 34 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 67 mg sodium; 25 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1997