Spinach, Avocado & Mango Salad
Reader Jennifer Sanders contributed this salad, which offers a wealth of color and texture, as well as antioxidants.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, almond oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8-12 small red radishes, (1 bunch), sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- To prepare dressing: Whisk juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, combine spinach, radicchio, radishes and mango in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with avocado slices.
Per serving: 210 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 258 mg sodium; 479 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Fiber (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Preparation/ Technique