Spinach, Avocado & Mango Salad
Reader Jennifer Sanders contributed this salad, which offers a wealth of color and texture, as well as antioxidants.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, almond oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8-12 small red radishes, (1 bunch), sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- To prepare dressing: Whisk juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, combine spinach, radicchio, radishes and mango in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with avocado slices.
Per serving: 210 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 258 mg sodium; 479 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Fiber (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Preparation/ Technique