Absolutely delicious! I served it with crusty bread and it was a perfect meal. Take care with the Hot Paprika, though. that stuff is hot.
Spicy Vegetable Soup
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Fresh basil adds a bright spark to this vinegary, vegetable-stuffed soup, full of the traditional flavors of the Mediterranean. Alternatively, pesto adds a nutty richness to the soup.
3 Reviews for Spicy Vegetable Soup
This soup is very good. It has a ton of flavor and was quite simple to make. I used the pesto instead of the basil, and it added real richness to the soup. We will definitely be eating this again.
There are just no words for how good this soup is, but I'll try to describe it. It's slightly sweet, a little spicy, and extremely flavorful. In addition, it is easy to make. My husband, who usually avoids meatless meals, loved this. I even find myself craving it from time to time. Please don't try this without the squash (I use zucchini or delicata) or paprika - they are crucial elements. The basil is also a must, although it's still good without it. An extraordinary soup!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)