Spicy Tunisian Rub
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
This spicy rub of coriander, caraway and hot pepper is lovely on chicken, pork tenderloin or salmon. If you prefer your food less spicy, reduce the amount of crushed red pepper.
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grind coriander seeds, caraway seeds and crushed red pepper in a spice grinder (or mortar and pestle) until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in garlic powder and salt.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 9 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 141 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2011
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)