mmmmmmm wompa wompa
Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber and herbs are tossed with a spicy Thai dressing in this colorful salad. Served in Bibb lettuce cups, it's perfect for lunch, a light supper or as an appetizer.
4 Reviews for Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad
I made fajita's the night before, and while prepping my peppers I'd set some aside for this salad. I always seem to have more peppers and cilantro than I need. I don't care for cucumbers or shrimp so I omitted them and used tofu. Overall, a quick and tasty lunch salad.
Great salad, fresh and light. I added avocados to mine for even more protein!
YUM!! I've never tried real Thai food so I don't know how close this came to the real thing, but what I made was delicious! A few substitutions though: my grocery store didn't have fish sauce so I used hoisin, and I didn't have lime juice like I thought so I used lemon. Not sure how different that made it, but what I just ate for lunch was thai-riffic lol. Will definitely make again!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)