From EatingWell: January/February 2007
This bright red garlicky sauce (pronounced roo-EE) has a nice kick of cayenne. Traditionally an accompaniment for bouillabaisse, it's also great served as a condiment with grilled shrimp or mahi-mahi.
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced, garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch saffron, (see Tip)
- Combine red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and saffron in a food processor; pulse, scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Tip: Saffron is the dried stigma of a saffron crocus. It contributes a pungent flavor and intense yellow color to classic dishes like paella. Saffron is sold in threads and powdered form.
Per serving: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 257 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- January/February 2007