From EatingWell: January/February 2007
This bright red garlicky sauce (pronounced roo-EE) has a nice kick of cayenne. Traditionally an accompaniment for bouillabaisse, it's also great served as a condiment with grilled shrimp or mahi-mahi.
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced, garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch saffron, (see Tip)
- Combine red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and saffron in a food processor; pulse, scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Tip: Saffron is the dried stigma of a saffron crocus. It contributes a pungent flavor and intense yellow color to classic dishes like paella. Saffron is sold in threads and powdered form.
Per serving: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 257 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2007