This recipe was good and a great way to use a few items from our CSA. We found the "spicy" to be a little lacking at first, but after we added just a little bit of crushed red pepper (maybe 1/4 t total?), it was perfect and a recipe that we'll definitely repeat. If you don't like soups that don't have much broth, this soup is not for you since most got absorbed by the potatoes and kale.
Spicy Potato & Kale Soup
Spicy sausage—in this case, chorizo—pairs beautifully with hearty greens. If you like, substitute collard or mustard greens for the kale. If you can't get chorizo, hot Italian sausage will also work in this soup.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)