Spicy Plum Chutney
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve this sweet-and-spicy chutney alongside grilled pork or chicken.
- 1 large plum, pitted and chopped (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Place plum, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plum starts to break down. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The chutney keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Per tablespoon: 48 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 94 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- EatingWell Serves Two