Spicy Plum Chutney
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve this sweet-and-spicy chutney alongside grilled pork or chicken.
- 1 large plum, pitted and chopped (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Place plum, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plum starts to break down. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The chutney keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Per tablespoon: 48 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 94 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- EatingWell Serves Two
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)