Spicy Plum Chutney
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve this sweet-and-spicy chutney alongside grilled pork or chicken.
- 1 large plum, pitted and chopped (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Place plum, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plum starts to break down. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The chutney keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Per tablespoon: 48 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 94 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two