Spicy Plum Chutney
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve this sweet-and-spicy chutney alongside grilled pork or chicken.
- 1 large plum, pitted and chopped (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Place plum, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plum starts to break down. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The chutney keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Per tablespoon: 48 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 94 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- EatingWell Serves Two