Spicy Peanut Noodles
When you can't get out to get take-out, make these easy favorites yourself with what's in the pantry.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 sliced scallions
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Sliced cucumber, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until just tender, according to package directions. Whisk peanut butter with boiling water in a bowl until smooth. Stir in scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar and cayenne. Toss with hot pasta. Garnish with cucumber. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Per serving: 342 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 9 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 172 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Magnesium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 high-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation