Spicy Peanut Noodles
When you can't get out to get take-out, make these easy favorites yourself with what's in the pantry.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 sliced scallions
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Sliced cucumber, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until just tender, according to package directions. Whisk peanut butter with boiling water in a bowl until smooth. Stir in scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar and cayenne. Toss with hot pasta. Garnish with cucumber. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Per serving: 342 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 9 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 172 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Magnesium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 high-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation