Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
A bright accompaniment for grilled fish or shellfish.
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh hot red or jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Using a mortar and pestle or working on a cutting board with the flat of a large knife, mash the garlic, pepper, sugar and salt into a paste. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in vinegar, cucumber and lime juice. Add a small amount of water if the sauce is too acidic for your taste. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- July/August 1995