Deconstructed Spicy Crab Roll
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Top rice crackers with pickled ginger and crabmeat for a sushi-bar-inspired appetizer. For the best flavor, use refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat labeled “jumbo.” Try a dollop of wasabi on top for extra zing.
- 24 small round rice crackers
- 24 slices pickled ginger
- 4 ounces cooked jumbo crabmeat (about 1 cup; see Tip), drained if necessary, any shells or cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- Place a slice of pickled ginger on each cracker. Divide crab evenly among the crackers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with oil.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Crab from the U.S. and Canada are both considered good choices for the environment. If you live in an area known for crab, you may be able to get freshly cooked crabs at the seafood counter of your local market.
Per piece: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2011