Deconstructed Spicy Crab Roll
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Top rice crackers with pickled ginger and crabmeat for a sushi-bar-inspired appetizer. For the best flavor, use refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat labeled “jumbo.” Try a dollop of wasabi on top for extra zing.
- 24 small round rice crackers
- 24 slices pickled ginger
- 4 ounces cooked jumbo crabmeat (about 1 cup; see Tip), drained if necessary, any shells or cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- Place a slice of pickled ginger on each cracker. Divide crab evenly among the crackers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with oil.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Crab from the U.S. and Canada are both considered good choices for the environment. If you live in an area known for crab, you may be able to get freshly cooked crabs at the seafood counter of your local market.
Per piece: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2011