Deconstructed Spicy Crab Roll
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Top rice crackers with pickled ginger and crabmeat for a sushi-bar-inspired appetizer. For the best flavor, use refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat labeled “jumbo.” Try a dollop of wasabi on top for extra zing.
- 24 small round rice crackers
- 24 slices pickled ginger
- 4 ounces cooked jumbo crabmeat (about 1 cup; see Tip), drained if necessary, any shells or cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- Place a slice of pickled ginger on each cracker. Divide crab evenly among the crackers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with oil.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Crab from the U.S. and Canada are both considered good choices for the environment. If you live in an area known for crab, you may be able to get freshly cooked crabs at the seafood counter of your local market.
Per piece: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2011