Spicy Cilantro Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This lime-cilantro vinaigrette recipe has South American flair with the addition of jalapeño, lime juice and cumin. Serve this cilantro salad dressing recipe on a green salad or as a dipping sauce for grilled meat, seafood or veggies.
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place cilantro, oil, lime, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, sugar and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 106 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 234 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 2013
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)