Spicy Chipotle Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Roasted potatoes get a spicy, smoky flavor when tossed with ground chipotle peppers. If you like potato skins, just scrub the potatoes and leave the skins on—they add fiber and great texture.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, scrubbed (peeled, if desired), and cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (see Note), or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder and ground chipotle (or chili powder) in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 25 to 35 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Ground chipotle chile pepper can be found in the specialty spice section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 182 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 294 mg sodium; 945 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (27% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cinco de Mayo
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2009