Took much longer to cook the potatoes than the recommended 20-25 minutes, there was not enough liquid so I added vegetable broth. Didn't use jalapeños cause my little one can't do spicy, served with some plain Greek yogurt.
Spicy Chickpea-Potato Stew
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
A trio of fresh garnishes—cilantro, onions and cucumbers—balances the spiciness of this chickpea and potato stew. Make it a meal: Warm whole-wheat tortillas make a nice accompaniment.
2 Reviews for Spicy Chickpea-Potato Stew
I made this today and was so thrilled with this recipe. First, it was very easy to make. This is a plus for busy people. Secondly, I loved the spices and flavors in this dish. Although, I did add three things. I added some ground coriander, 1 cup of crushed tomatoes, and fresh red pepper that I sauteed with the onion. The house smelled wonderful because of the spices. I thought that it would be a little bland but no. Seriously tasty!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)