Great beginner dish. I timed the whole thing and it was done in 30 minutes. Pretty good results for half an hour's work.
Spicy Beef with Shrimp & Bok Choy
Oyster sauce and rice wine give this speedy stir-fry a rich flavor that balances the clean, sweet crunch of bok choy. Make It a Meal: Rice noodles or brown basmati rice and a Tsing Tao beer will make you feel like you're eating in your favorite Chinese restaurant.
21 Reviews for Spicy Beef with Shrimp & Bok Choy
I really am just starting to get into cooking a bit more. Still a beginner here but decided to tackle this dish. First off, for some reason baby bok choy is impossible to find in the grocery store- but was able to find it eventually (they even labeled kale as bok choy). I made the meal as directed but chose to slice the steak thin at first and marinade for a bit using sherry, garlic and oyster sauce. I used frozen shrimp instead of fresh. I also added the following: garlic, baby corn and shiitake mushrooms. All cooked in the same frying pan using the directions and added rice. Delicious! So surprising that I was able to create something so delicious.
this is the first time that i have made an Asian dish and it turned out well. who knew good tasting Asian food could be so easy to make? based on reviews, i added some veggies. i chose to add red bell peppers to the mix. they require about the same cooking time as the bok choy so it worked out well. plus, the red looked pretty against the green of the bok choy. this will definitely be a repeat for me.
The meat would be better if it were sliced very thin and marinated in an additional batch of sauce.
Also could use a little dash of sweetness...chopped honey roasted peanuts or maybe a half teaspoon sugar.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)