Chose this recipe based on four plus star rating. I found it to be lacking something and a bit too acidic. Went back and read reviews and realized that mostly five stars were given based on changes made. This is my first attempt at this food dish so wanted to prepare basic recipe. I probably also would have liked it with recommended changes.
Spicy Beef with Shrimp & Bok Choy
Oyster sauce and rice wine give this speedy stir-fry a rich flavor that balances the clean, sweet crunch of bok choy. Make It a Meal: Rice noodles or brown basmati rice and a Tsing Tao beer will make you feel like you're eating in your favorite Chinese restaurant.
21 Reviews for Spicy Beef with Shrimp & Bok Choy
This was delicious and so quick and easy! I only made a few changes:
1. I added about 1/4 cup of beef broth to make it slightly saucier
2. I added pea pods (YUM!)
3. When I was frying the veggies, I added 2 cloves of fresh garlic
We ate it over some white rice (judge away, I love my rice) and it's going into the "favorites" category of my recipe box!
I love sweet and spicy food. I also added sriracha chili sauce. Awesome!!!
Excellent recipe. The only change/addition I made was a squirt of Sri Racha chile hot sauce on top of each serving to add a little kick.
Delicious!!! I made a few modifications. I used 2.5 lbs bok choy instead of 1lb and you could add even more. I added one small bulb garlic (about 9 cloves). If you like spicy (my family does) I also used 2 tbsns of garlic chili sauce and 2 tspns crushed red pepper (the recipe called for 1/4 to 1/2 tsp). We also stirred in some japanese noodles (Caravelle chuka soba made from wheat flour egg and salt only 110 calories per serving). I would suggest adding even more vegetables to make it more filling. WE LOVED IT!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)