We absolutly love this recipe! My husband does not like turkey so I use chicken instead. I make this all the time. He is a super picky eater and loves it!
Spiced Turkey with Avocado-Grapefruit Relish
This fresh-tasting citrus relish will perk up even the most jaded appetite, and it goes well with chicken, fish or pork. Serve it with a simple salad of Boston lettuce, scallions and cilantro and whole-wheat Couscous.
3 Reviews for Spiced Turkey with Avocado-Grapefruit Relish
I followed this recipe exactly (usually I use recipes as a guideline). The relish was a bit fiddly to make as it's harder to supreme a grapefruit than an orange since the membrane is a lot tougher. It was worth a little effort and since the actual turkey cutlets were a cinch to prepare it was still a pretty simple recipe.
I served this with another EW recipe, Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans and Peppers and my own wheat berry salad with lemon, garlic, and thyme.
I think I would make this again, especially once I have the grill going. I would add a bit more of the 5-spice powder though. Also, I had a choice of buying turkey breasts instead of turkey cutlets. I chose the breasts because it was a better value and I'd have some left over. I had to slice the breasts horizontally to create my own cutlets. I think the commercially prepared cutlets might be a bit more attractive then mine came out. I might try this with chicken breasts also. I can also see this spice mix and relish being good on seared shrimp. Actually, I think that would be even better.
This is absolutely WONDERFUL. I was a little aprehensive when I saw the ingredients but the spice of the turkey and compiments of the relish are PERFECT. My husband has requested this be cooked bi-weekly and I couldn't agree more! It was extremely quick and easy to do as well.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)