This is our new go-to, whether for a side dish, or for tortilla-stuffing for packed lunches. The prep is very simple, and taste is fantastic. When we don't have any broth handy in small quantity, we've used water instead, with no negative impact on flavor.
Spiced Pinto Beans
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Any leftover beans would work in this quick side dish.
4 Reviews for Spiced Pinto Beans
Great recipe. Quick and amazingly falvorful. The restrained amount of cumin and jalapeno work together perfectly. over white rice, it's a very satisfying meal with complex flavors.
This is a great way to serve beans. I use this to replace meat in my meal. I add a little extra vegetable broth, as I like to serve this over brown rice. Very Healthy
Simple and very good. Only change was to add a little coriander and dash of cayenne instead of the jalepeno.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)