Spiced Chicken Breasts with Apple-Jalapeno Chutney
From EatingWell: Fall 2002
A bit of jalapeno jelly adds a touch of heat and color to the sweet-and-sour apple chutney. It makes the perfect accompaniment to this and other spicy chicken and pork dishes, particularly those cooked over the grill.
- 1 cup Apple-Jalapeno Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4-5 ounces each), trimmed
- Prepare Apple-Jalapeño Chutney.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, oil, ginger, brown sugar, scallions, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add the chicken; turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch or similar shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish and pour the marinade directly over them. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 170°F.) Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve with the chutney on the side.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 353 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Fall 2002