Spiced Chicken Breasts with Apple-Jalapeno Chutney
From EatingWell: Fall 2002
A bit of jalapeno jelly adds a touch of heat and color to the sweet-and-sour apple chutney. It makes the perfect accompaniment to this and other spicy chicken and pork dishes, particularly those cooked over the grill.
- 1 cup Apple-Jalapeno Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4-5 ounces each), trimmed
- Prepare Apple-Jalapeño Chutney.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, oil, ginger, brown sugar, scallions, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add the chicken; turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch or similar shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish and pour the marinade directly over them. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 170°F.) Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve with the chutney on the side.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 353 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Fall 2002
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)