Spiced Chicken Breasts with Apple-Jalapeno Chutney
From EatingWell: Fall 2002
A bit of jalapeno jelly adds a touch of heat and color to the sweet-and-sour apple chutney. It makes the perfect accompaniment to this and other spicy chicken and pork dishes, particularly those cooked over the grill.
- 1 cup Apple-Jalapeno Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4-5 ounces each), trimmed
- Prepare Apple-Jalapeño Chutney.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, oil, ginger, brown sugar, scallions, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add the chicken; turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch or similar shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish and pour the marinade directly over them. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 170°F.) Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve with the chutney on the side.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 353 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Fall 2002