Spiced Chicken Breasts with Apple-Jalapeno Chutney
From EatingWell: Fall 2002
A bit of jalapeno jelly adds a touch of heat and color to the sweet-and-sour apple chutney. It makes the perfect accompaniment to this and other spicy chicken and pork dishes, particularly those cooked over the grill.
- 1 cup Apple-Jalapeno Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4-5 ounces each), trimmed
- Prepare Apple-Jalapeño Chutney.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, oil, ginger, brown sugar, scallions, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add the chicken; turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch or similar shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish and pour the marinade directly over them. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 170°F.) Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve with the chutney on the side.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 353 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Fall 2002