Spiced Chicken Breasts with Apple-Jalapeno Chutney
From EatingWell: Fall 2002
A bit of jalapeno jelly adds a touch of heat and color to the sweet-and-sour apple chutney. It makes the perfect accompaniment to this and other spicy chicken and pork dishes, particularly those cooked over the grill.
- 1 cup Apple-Jalapeno Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4-5 ounces each), trimmed
- Prepare Apple-Jalapeño Chutney.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, oil, ginger, brown sugar, scallions, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add the chicken; turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch or similar shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish and pour the marinade directly over them. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 170°F.) Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve with the chutney on the side.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 353 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Fall 2002