Made today for the first time. Made as directed except I used all einkorn wheat. With einkorn wheat having weak gluten, I did not expect these to rise very much. My mistake - they rose beautifully (major muffin tops!) and are so light and fluffy. These are on the top of our favorite muffin list - I may make another batch tomorrow to freeze! Highly recommend!
Spiced Apple Cider Muffins
Cider doughnuts, a New England harvest treat, inspired these spice-happy muffins. A crumbly streusel topping made with a small amount of butter provides a delicious finish.
9 Reviews for Spiced Apple Cider Muffins
I loved these and served them to 25 rehabilitation oatients. Every single one of them said they loved them and filled out anonymous feedback forms saying they would absolutely eat them again. NOT one of them said they didn't like them. Thats 25 people plus me and a few staff that agreed these were awesome muffins. Easy!
Also the batter itself tastes amazing. I would like to try these in mini-bundt pans and top with some chopped cooked apples with a bit of brown sugar and a tad of butter.
We all love them!..they smell heavenly and taste divine!
I make these every winter and I absolutely love them. I bring them into work and they are gone before I have been there an hour! :)
I just made these last night and they came out kinda dry and not a huge apple flavor. Wonder if I did something wrong. I may have over mixed.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)