Spice-Crusted Chicken Breast
These spice-crusted chicken breasts would be great thinly sliced and served in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toast coriander, cumin and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack or coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten the meat slightly with a rolling pin. Discard the plastic wrap. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture and place on the prepared rack. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Per serving: 158 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 639 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique