Spice-Crusted Chicken Breast
These spice-crusted chicken breasts would be great thinly sliced and served in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toast coriander, cumin and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack or coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten the meat slightly with a rolling pin. Discard the plastic wrap. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture and place on the prepared rack. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Per serving: 158 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 639 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique