Spice-Crusted Chicken Breast
These spice-crusted chicken breasts would be great thinly sliced and served in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toast coriander, cumin and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack or coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten the meat slightly with a rolling pin. Discard the plastic wrap. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture and place on the prepared rack. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Per serving: 158 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 639 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation