Spice-Crusted Chicken Breast
These spice-crusted chicken breasts would be great thinly sliced and served in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toast coriander, cumin and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack or coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten the meat slightly with a rolling pin. Discard the plastic wrap. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture and place on the prepared rack. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Per serving: 158 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 639 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique