Spice-Crusted Chicken Breast
These spice-crusted chicken breasts would be great thinly sliced and served in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toast coriander, cumin and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack or coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten the meat slightly with a rolling pin. Discard the plastic wrap. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture and place on the prepared rack. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Per serving: 158 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 639 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique